This week we had the chance to spend a little time with the world travelers of our family. Matt's cousin, Alison, and her 3 precious kids, Mary, Will and Suzanna, stopped by for a visit on their way to Louisiana. When I refer to them as world travelers, I am not kidding. Alison's husband Joe serves in the Foreign Service, so they have the opportunity to live around t
he world. So far they have lived in Jamaica and the Netherlands. Matt and I have been fortunate enough to visit them in both of these countries. We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and they happened to be living nearby, so Alison picked us up and gave us a tour of the "real" Jamaica...not what the tourists see. It is really a very poor country and when we went downtown, Matt told Alison he would probably cry if she made him get out of the car in the midst of all the chaos. I told Alison I would be fine because I did not grow up sheltered in Mississippi and was accustomed to such! :) Anyway, Alison's family invited us to visit them in the Netherlands a few years ago and we jumped at the chance. Of course this was before we had our kids, so we didn't have any strings attached. We absolutely loved the Netherlands and we even made a short trip to Brugge, Belgium...our favorite place on the trip!Well, after sp
ending a short time in Washington, D.C., Alison and her family are getting ready to head to Africa! Before heading out, she and the kids made a trip "home" to Louisiana. We're just thrilled they stopped by for a short visit. After all, it was the first time Will got to meet Will! The two hit it right off. I think my Will enjoyed having another boy around and Alison's Will enjoyed meeting someone with the same name. (If you are wondering why I don't refer to them as Big Will and Little Will, ask around...I've been told that someone in the family doesn't like using "Big" and "Little".) Anyway, we also had the chance to meet baby Suzanna for the first time. She is the prettiest little girl and is so sweet! We can't wait until we get to play with all of them again soon. I guess we better visit them in Louisiana; otherwise, we'll have to board a plane to Africa!




No comments:
Post a Comment