Friday, June 20, 2008

Unsettled

At this point in my life, there are a lot of unknowns...when will our house in Dothan sell, when will we find a house, will my new job prospect work out, getting the kids started in a new daycare, finding a new church home...the list goes on and on. For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a planner. I like to have everything in order in my life, know where I am going and what I am going to do. Needless to say, all of these unknowns have left me a little unsettled lately. Then I stumbled upon this on another blog:

"Murmuring is no better than mutiny in the heart; it is a rising up against God. When the sea is rough and unquiet, it casts forth nothing but foam: when the heart is discontented, it casts forth the foam of anger, impatience, and sometimes little better than blasphemy. Murmuring is nothing else but the scum which boils off from a discontented heart." Thomas Watson, The Art of Divine Contentment

Just what I needed to hear at this point in my life. How about you?

1 comment:

ashley.and.graham said...

talk about appropriate. i know we both can use reminding about not having to always have everything "planned" out -- i definitely have to work on this over the next few months as we make our big move.
ashley
p.s. love the new blog look