Well, I'm finally to the point that I must bite the bullet and potty train Caroline. I've tried off and on for a while now, but have never really been committed to it. Perhaps it is because I know I will be stuck within the walls of this small apartment all day as we try to conquer the potty. Thursday evening she finally tinkled in the potty and was so excited that I thought to my self...this is it...now or never. So, Friday was D-day. She wore her panties all day long and had only 2 accidents, one of which was in the bathroom before she made it to the potty. Needless to say, I am thrilled! Granted, by the time Matt came home I was like a cat that had been locked in a closet all day long and had clawed all over the walls, but nonetheless, I was thrilled that she is on her way to being potty trained. To celebrate our first big successful day and to get me out of the apartment, we went out for pizza. Since she is a big girl now, she wore her panties. I think I asked her a dozen times if she needed to go to the potty, and she so big girlishly responded, "No, not right now." The plan was to pick up a pizza, but we decided we would be really brave and eat at the restaurant. Believe it or not, we made it the whole trip without having to go potty. When we got back, Caroline just had to play in the rain puddles with her rain boots. You can guess the rest of the story...playing in water...not having gone to the bathroom recently....at least we were outside of the apartment and could clean up easily. Well, that concludes Day 1. Enjoy this last picture of Caroline in her diaper, because those days are about to be long gone! By the way,we're taking donations for M&Ms, because they are going like hotcakes!
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Potty Training 101: Day 1
Well, I'm finally to the point that I must bite the bullet and potty train Caroline. I've tried off and on for a while now, but have never really been committed to it. Perhaps it is because I know I will be stuck within the walls of this small apartment all day as we try to conquer the potty. Thursday evening she finally tinkled in the potty and was so excited that I thought to my self...this is it...now or never. So, Friday was D-day. She wore her panties all day long and had only 2 accidents, one of which was in the bathroom before she made it to the potty. Needless to say, I am thrilled! Granted, by the time Matt came home I was like a cat that had been locked in a closet all day long and had clawed all over the walls, but nonetheless, I was thrilled that she is on her way to being potty trained. To celebrate our first big successful day and to get me out of the apartment, we went out for pizza. Since she is a big girl now, she wore her panties. I think I asked her a dozen times if she needed to go to the potty, and she so big girlishly responded, "No, not right now." The plan was to pick up a pizza, but we decided we would be really brave and eat at the restaurant. Believe it or not, we made it the whole trip without having to go potty. When we got back, Caroline just had to play in the rain puddles with her rain boots. You can guess the rest of the story...playing in water...not having gone to the bathroom recently....at least we were outside of the apartment and could clean up easily. Well, that concludes Day 1. Enjoy this last picture of Caroline in her diaper, because those days are about to be long gone! By the way,we're taking donations for M&Ms, because they are going like hotcakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Right before I read your blog, I had just finished reading a 3 day potty training book that I purchased on-line. I am trying to prep myself for tackling this next great obstacle. Keep up the good work and hang in there. I'll need someone to give me the pep talk too. We love reading your blog and seeing Caroline and Will, but Granger wants to visit Caroline every day via the computer.
when the m&ms get tiresome, try skittles. they worked wonders around here. it seems like the longest days ever when you're potty training, but it's so worth it when you can chunk the diapers. we've been in big boy underwear for 7 months now, and it's oh. so. nice.
Post a Comment